There is a new Tumble National Development Plan which most of our tumblers will now be aware of. This means that from next year the tumble runs will be different from previous years. This also applies to the range and conditioning test. The range and conditioning test will take place on Sunday 29th January 2017. All gymnasts wishing to compete at the Scottish NDP Qualifiers on 25th February 2017 must attend and pass the range and conditioning test. We would encourage all of our gymnasts (even those who will not be competing) to practice this sequence at home.
Physical Norms – Body Management
- Forward Roll to Dish Shape (SL) – hold for 2 seconds
- 4 x 1 Leg Alternate V Sit (2 x left & 2 x right)
- Back Support – hold for 2 seconds
- Straddle Fold – hold for 2 seconds
- Pike Fold – hold for 2 seconds
- Left Splits, Right Splits
- Back Arch – hold for 2 seconds
- Press up to Front Support – hold for 2 seconds
- Burpee to Stand & vertical jump
- Standing Shoulder Flexibility – hold for 2 seconds
If gymnasts have any questions regarding the new runs please ask a coach at any training session. Thank you!