The following is a SAMPLE procedure in the event that any member feels that he or she has suffered discrimination in any way, or that the Club Rules, policies or Code of Conduct have been broken.
A. The matter should be reported to the Committee and must be made in writing. The report should include;
- Details of what, when and where the occurrence took place
- Any witness statement and names
- Names of others who have been treated in a similar way
- Details of any former complaints made about the incident, date, when and to whom this was made
B. The Club’s Management Committee will meet for any hearings that are requested
C. The Club’s Management committee will have the power to:
- Warn as to future conduct, with disciplinary action as appropriate
- Suspend from membership
- Remove from membership any person found to have broken the Club’s Code of Conduct
D. The person(s) reporting the matter will receive a written response from the Club Secretary as to the outcome.
If either party find the outcome unsatisfactory they have the right to appeal the decision.
1. If the complaint is in respect of a child protection issue, the complaint should be directed to the Club’s Child Protection Officer at email@example.com for the purposes of confidentiality.